SEQ 2021 COVID-19 Business Support Grants
SEQ 2021 COVID-19 Business Support Grant
– Open at Midnight 16th August 2021
Targeted Support to who?
Queensland Labour State Government is targeting only businesses with unrelated staff for grant support, why?
- business with related staff only, may be able to manipulate compliance
- also, such business may be seen to have resources to support them self, where third party employees of the business could be seen as living from week to week, so really needing the support.
- See sole traders seen as one step removed from employees, also considered having limited resources and possibly living week to week and needing support also.
Value judgement made by the state government to target those in most need.
A grant from $5,000 – employing businesses
- $5,000 one-off top up with payroll less than $1.3million, total available $10,000
- $10,000 one-off top up with payroll greater than $1.3millon and less than $10 million, total available $15,000.
$1,000 grants – non-employing sole traders, register your interest here for soon to be released applications
Applications Open from midnight 16th August to 16th November 2021.
One Application only.
Can demonstrate or declare a reduction in turnover of 30% or more during a nominated 7- day period which must include at least 1 full day of a lockdown event when compared against turnover achieved by the entity during the same 7-day period in 2019 (or if that 2019 period is not indicative of the entity’s typical weekly turnover, a comparable 7-day period).
Must employ unrelated staff,
- be GST Registered,
- Queensland Headquarters
- Impacted businesses, based and trading in Queensland
- payroll of less than $10 million
- annual turnvoer over $75,000
- demonstrate directly or indirectly impacted by lockdown
- declare 30% or more drop in turnover, 7 day period, compared to similar in 2020, 2021 financial year, or another period period to show typical turnover.
businesses that must not operate as specified in the lockdown events can self-declare the impact on their turnover in the application form.
businesses that can operate for a limited purpose during the lockdown events, or whose activities are not specified in the health directions for the lockdown events but are impacted by lockdown events, or are located outside of the lockdown areas must provide evidence to show a reduction in turnover of more than 30% (see Supporting evidence section below).
What is the lockdown areas?
For this program, lockdown areas will include any areas subject to public health directions taking effect in August 2021, limiting the reasons people may leave their homes. On the date these Guidelines have been published those lockdown areas include the following:
South-East Queensland lockdown – 31 July to 8 August 2021
The following 11 Local Government Areas:
• City of Brisbane
• City of Gold Coast
• City of Ipswich
• Lockyer Valley Regional Council
• Logan City
• Moreton Bay Region
• Noosa Shire Council
• Redland City
• Scenic Rim Regional Council
• Somerset Regional Council
• Sunshine Coast Regional Council
Cairns and Yarrabah lockdown – 8 August to 11 August 2021
The following two Local Government Areas:
• Cairns Regional Council
• Yarrabah Aboriginal Shire Council
When can you apply?
Applications open at midday on 16 August 2021 and will close after three months on 16 November 2021 as stated on QRIDA’s website
Applications must be submitted by the applicant, not their accountant or solicitor, accountants however can provide a supporting Independent Financial Confirmation Letter, in place of providing any other supporting information by the applicant.
How to Apply?
Create a QRIDA profile
Upload supporting evidence
All the information that you need with regards to the application can be found at the link below.
Supporting Evidence Required for Claim
Applicants are required to demonstrate or declare they have experienced a reduction in turnover of 30% or more over a nominated 7-day period (including at least 1 full day of a lockdown event) compared against the same 7-day period in 2019 (or if that period is not indicative of the entity’s typical weekly turnover another nominated 7-day period). To demonstrate:
• Direct Impact:
you may complete a declaration in your application to this effect.
• Indirect Impact:
provide sales turnover information from your business records for the relevant periods,
rely on a dated letter on letterhead issued by a member of CPA Australia, Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand or the Institute of Public Accountants, registered tax agent or registered BAS agent.
Accountants Template – 2021 COVID-19 Independent Financial Confirmation
Here to help 😊
- Email or call us for a quick idea if your business may be eligible?
- Complete applications online, provide the supporting information yourself
- Request our assistance to provide the accountant's letter in place of providing supporting financial information yourself. Please note the Accountants Independent Financial Confirmation will be outside the scope of clients on monthly plans, our fee will be advised as request.
- Apply for COVID-19 Disaster Payments via MyGov
- $750 lose 20 hours or more
- $450 lose 8 to 20 hours or more